Sales Performance Platform, Kantar’s trade promotion (TPx) and digital transformation solution for the FMCG/CPG industry has been recognised as ‘best-In-class’ by the Promotion Optimization Institute in its latest TPx Vendor Panorama.
The report, published each year as a competitive evaluation of the trade promotion solutions market, recognised Kantar’s Sales Performance Platform with five ‘best-in-class’ distinctions, ranking it joint first in number of distinctions awarded, including recognition for the strategically important application of artificial intelligence in the software stack. The full list of best-in-class distinctions comprises:
- Desktop TPx UX: Drives engagement from users, increases total business visibility and reduces administrative burden and drives the next best action.
- HQ Analytics & Insights: Provides HQ pricing & promotion optimization, trade allocations, go-to-market strategies, innovation strategy, etc.
- Analytics Visualization: Intuitive and meaningful analytics visualized in a way that drives user insights and action.
- Artificial Intelligence: Capabilities that can learn and predict based on a set of objectives and constraints. Provides answers to questions or options the user hasn't thought to ask. CPG applications are in pricing, GTMS, promotions, claims/deductions, etc.
- TPO Ergonomics: TPO can be complex with constraints, objectives and simulation. It has to be intuitive and actionable.
“The solution offers comprehensive RGM analysis on all key trade metrics that are relevant for RGM purposes (profit and margin),” states Pam Brown, Chief Commercial Officer at the Promotion Optimization Institute and author of the TPx Vendor Panorama. She adds, “RGM capability focus is growing across the manufacturer base, and as Kantar builds out their RGM suite that includes assortment, pricing, promotions, and trade terms, it will add increasing depth and enterprise effectiveness to historical Kantar capabilities.”
The report acknowledges Kantar’s “stellar” breadth of the offering around promoting and executing, that includes “[…] strategic-level insights to inform the right market and trade spending levels through the Marketing Mix Modelling tool; Promotion Funds Optimizer to best allocate promotion funds across retail partners and brands; TPO to generate optimal promotion strategy and tactics; planning and execution capabilities to deliver the right mix of activities and investments in a collaborative and effective manner.”
When combined with Kantar’s proprietary shopper and retail insights, end-to-end category management and retail execution solutions “[the Sales Performance Platform] has the potential to enable full transformation programs across the enterprise to drive both revenue and margin growth. Finally, the increase in best practices consulting resources throughout the entire TPx journey is a core differentiator,” writes Pam Brown.
“The TPx market is a strategic priority for Kantar. This is reflected in our investment in the platform, and we are pleased to see that investment recognised by the POI,” states Suzana Dias, Group Solutions Director of Kantar, Consulting Division. “Our complete and unique set of capabilities is designed to help consumer goods clients find growth even in uncomfortable places and to navigate unforeseen situations such as the current COVID-19 pandemic. We are committed to delivering solutions that enable digital transformation by bringing together people, processes, and data, therefore helping our customers differentiate themselves in the marketplace and generate more revenue and profit with fewer costs.”
A full overview of Kantar Sales Performance Platform can be found here. For more information, or to schedule a session with our experts to drive digital transformation in your commercial organisation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.