Privacy and cookies policy
The Kantar Group Limited ("Kantar" or "we", "us", "our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. As a global business, Kantar is committed to your privacy, and our obligations under the data protection laws which apply in your region (such as the Personal Information Protection Law of the People's Republic of China).
For the processing of personal data of residents of the People’s Republic of China, ("PRC", which for the purpose of this Notice excludes Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan), [Kantar China Limited, Kantar Consulting (Shanghai) China Co., Ltd., Shanghai Sunrise Market Research Co., Ltd.] is the data controller.
This policy ("policy") sets out how we will process your personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us on www.kantar.com ("our site"). Reference to personal data shall include sensitive personal data, where applicable.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
With your consent, we collect and process the following data on our site:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site.
- Information you provide if you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access as described in this policy.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
We take reasonable and appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures protect your personal data against unauthorized access or disclosure, unlawful processing, accidental loss or damage, and unauthorized destruction. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We limit access to the information by our own employees, contractors, site service providers and those individuals who are authorised for the proper handling of such information. We request that our third-party contractors and site service providers follow similar standards of security and confidentiality required under applicable law.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Below we provide information about our use of your personal data collected through this site. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to process and use your personal data.
Categories of data collected
Operating our website
Ensure that content from our site is presented effectively, according to the device and location you are accessing it from.
Analyse statistical data about users browsing actions and their patterns to improve our website or detect fraudulent behaviour.
IP address, operating system information, browser specifications, device specifications.
We obtain this data from you directly.
It is our legitimate interest to ensure that our site is presented to you in the most effective way possible, to improve our website and to detect fraudulent behaviour. If legitimate interest does not apply in your region, we will rely on other legal basis such as your consent.
Providing you with information or respond to your enquiries.
Provide you with information regarding products or services that you request from us, or that we have determined may be of interest to you, or respond to an enquiry you have raised with us.
Name, email address, IP address, phone number, postal address, job title.
We obtain this data from you directly, for example when you download reports or other content from our website, or when you submit an enquiry.
We will have your consent or determine that we have a legitimate interest in using your details to provide you with relevant information.
Further information will be provided in the privacy statement provided prior to you submitting your data. You can withdraw your consent or opt out of communications from Kantar at any time.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to process and use your personal data for purposes other than those described in this policy.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
With your appropriate consent where required by applicable law, we may disclose your personal data as stated in this policy. In addition, we may share your personal data with third parties to fulfil the purposes above, these third-party recipients may be located overseas.
We may disclose your personal data to any member of the Kantar group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances and we will provide you with necessary information required under applicable law:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Kantar or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kantar, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If we use a service provider or supplier to process your data (for example third parties who help administer our site or provide our services to you); however such third will only process this data for the purposes we instruct them to.
For PRC residents, Kantar may, with your consent, share, transfer, access or store your personal data outside of PRC where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of your personal data or adequate security measures are adopted and in compliance with the applicable laws, such as contractual arrangements. Where required by applicable laws, we will put in place appropriate measures to ensure that all processing of your personal data outside of PRC is safeguarded by the equivalent level of data protection in PRC.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes or the period, agreed on the consent letter for which we are using it, unless otherwise required or permitted by the applicable laws. The period for which we keep your personal data will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
As a global business, Kantar is committed to your privacy, and committed our obligations under the data protection laws which apply in mainland China.
Where permitted by the applicable laws, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data (some of these rights apply only in certain circumstances, and some of them vary according to the legal basis on which we are processing your data or the territory you are located in):
- The right to know and decide on the processing of your personal information, the right to restrict or refuse others to process your personal information.
- The right to request access to and copy your personal information, which we will provide in a timely manner.
- The right to request us to correct and supplement when you find that your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to delete your personal data in some circumstances.
- The right to transfer your personal data to a data controller designated by you.
- The right to request an explanation of our personal information processing rules.
- The right to withdraw your consent or deregister your account.
- The right to refuse decision that are material to you and based solely on automated decision making technology.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights (for example you no longer wish to receive marketing from us), you can use the link or unsubscribe button provided in our email correspondence, contact PIPL-China@Kantar.com or you can use the phone numbers provided in our "contact us" section of this site. Please note, in some circumstances we may need to take steps to verify your identity prior to fulfilling your request.
If you’re not happy with how we’ve dealt with your personal data, we’d like a chance to put it right – please contact us at PIPL-China@Kantar.com. In addition, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority. However, we would encourage you to first contact us should you have any requests for exercising your data subject rights, or any enquiries and complaints.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our websites and services are not directed at children. We will not knowingly collect personal data of children under the age of 14. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with personal data without your consent, please contact us by using the information below and we will take steps to delete their personal data from our systems.
If you have any questions about this policy, or if you would like to exercise your rights, or lodge a complaint, please contact
This policy was last updated in November 2021.