As a brand highly active on social media, Michelin wanted a deeper understanding of emotion:
• What emotion (if any) does their imagery deliver to?
• Is the emotion consistent?
• Where does it likely position the brand?
NeedScope Social AI for Michelin:
• 4778 images and videos posted on Facebook and Instagram channels
• 49 markets
The decoding revealed a lack of emotive clarity and consistency:
• 30% of the images were totally generic, with no clear emotion
• Some skews toward the RED space
Challenged Michelin to consolidate their social media imagery around a consistent emotion. Guidelines developed for stronger emotive clarity.