Privacy and cookies policy
View this policy for:
Brazil (PT), Canadian French, China (ZH-CN), Finland (FI), France (FR), Germany, Italy (IT), Japan (JP), Latin America (ES), Netherlands, Spain (ES).
The Kantar Group Limited ("Kantar" or "We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. As a global business, Kantar is committed your privacy, and our obligations under the data protection laws which apply in your region (such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA)).
This policy sets out the basis on which we process personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us on www.kantar.com (“our site”).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect and process the following data on our site:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site.
- Information you provide if you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access as described in this policy.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and/or stored outside your territory. It may also be processed by staff operating outside your territory who work for us or for one of our suppliers. If your personal data is transferred to, stored at or otherwise processed outside your country or territory, and that country or territory has not been recognised as providing an adequate level of data protection, we will put in place additional safeguards to protect your personal data, as required by applicable law. For example, if you are in the EEA, standard contractual clauses would be used if we process your data outside the EEA.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Below we provide information about our use of your personal data collected through this site, and the legal basis under which we process it.
Categories of data collected
Operating our website
Ensure that content from our site is presented effectively, according to the device and location you are accessing it from.
Analyse statistical data about users browsing actions and their patterns to improve our website or detect fraudulent behaviour.
IP address, operating system information, browser specifications, device specifications.
We obtain this data from you directly.
It is our legitimate interest to ensure that our site is presented to you in the most effective way possible, to improve our website and to detect fraudulent behaviour.
Providing you with information or respond to your enquiries.
Provide you with information regarding products or services that you request from us, or that we have determined may be of interest to you, or respond to an enquiry you have raised with us.
Name, email address, IP address, phone number, postal address, job title.
We obtain this data from you directly, for example when you download reports or other content from our website, or when you submit an enquiry.
We will have your consent or determine that we have a legitimate interest in using your details to provide you with relevant information. Further information will be provided in the privacy statement provided prior to you submitting your data. You can withdraw your consent or opt out of communications from Kantar at any time.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal data to any member of the Kantar group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Kantar or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kantar, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If we use a service provider or supplier to process your data (for example third parties who help administer our site or provide our services to you); however such third will only process this data for the purposes we instruct them to.
- Kantar does not sell personal data collected through this website (including any children’s personal data).
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period for which we keep your personal data will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
As a global business, Kantar is committed your privacy, and committed our obligations under the data protection laws which apply in your region (such as GDPR or the CCPA).
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data (some of these rights apply only in certain circumstances, and some of them vary according to the legal basis on which we are processing your data or the territory you are located in):
- The right to ask whether we’re processing your personal data and, if we are, to find out details of that processing (as well as obtaining a copy of your personal data).
- The right to ask us to correct any personal data that we hold about you that’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to ask us to delete personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to object to how we’re processing your personal data, and to ask us to restrict how we’re processing your personal data.
- The right to have your personal data provided to you in a structured and commonly-used electronic format. You can also ask us to transfer your personal data directly to another company if that’s feasible.
- The right to opt out of the sale of your personal data if applicable. Personal data collected through this site is not sold to third parties.
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising the rights available to you under applicable data protection laws.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights (for example you no longer wish to receive marketing from us), you can use the link or unsubscribe button provided in our email correspondence, contact email@example.com or you can use the phone numbers provided in our “contact us” section of this site. Please note, in some circumstances we may need to take steps to verify your identity prior to fulfilling your request.
If you’re not happy with how we’ve dealt with your personal data, we’d like a chance to put it right – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority – the authority for the UK is the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk).
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
This policy was last updated on 1 January 2021.