We uncovered 3 core consumer needs driving the narrative on fashion:
Health: seeking greater transparency and support in alignment with health and wellbeing goals
Enable: inclusivity beyond size, impairment, ethnic diversity, gender, sexual orientation
Environment: the growing consciousness around clean and ethical fashion and its impact on the planet
These then further manifested into 5 trends.
- The pursuit of healthy fashion to support wellbeing goals. The spotlight on chemicals and the fight against toxic textiles for health.
- Modest fashion that breaks stereotypes and inspires diversity. About transcending cultures: a symbol of empowerment, self-expression, and inclusivity.
- Putting sustainable and next-gen materials at the forefront in the quest to be fashionably transparent.
- Bagging bargains on the second-hand scene. Addressing the needs of a budget-savvy consumer amidst shrinking discretionary incomes.
- Reimagining the fashion industry with novel tech. Redefining the rules of engagement with style.
Taking it a step further, we deconstructed consumers driving specific trends to get a deeper understanding of who they are, their values, interests, preferred social networks and the specific fashion topics of interest.
The report offers a disruptive perspective of the emerging signals challenging the industry and gently urges fashion brands to look beyond the obvious.