In this panel, leaders of leaders from the public, corporate and civil society sectors will address how to concretely and innovatively address barriers for female leadership.
Dr Michelle Harrison, CEO of Kantar's Public Division will speak on the 'When Women Lead' panel on 25 September about actions to achieve SDG5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
The panel, chaired by Amanda Ellis, Executive Director, Hawaii & Asia Pacific and Director of Strategic Partnerships at the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability, will feature:
- Rebeca Grynspan, Secretary-General, Former Under Secretary-General of the UN (2010-2014); Former Vice President of Costa Rica (1994-1998)
- Lorenna Vilas Boas, Girls 20 Ambassador
- Rania Al-Mashat, Minister of Tourism, Egypt
- Dr Michelle Harrison, CEO, Public Division, Kantar
- Raquel Helen Silva, Girls 20 Ambassador
- Rozaina Adam, Member of Parliament, Maldives
Kantar and Women Political Leaders' Reykjavik Index for Leadership is a powerful piece of evidence in the journey to equality for women and men in leadership, illuminating perceptions and prejudices against both in professional positions.
This panel will address what actions need to be taken to achieve SDG5, challenges to doing so and what innovations can help us get there.