What happened to Cannes Lions?
Future Proof Podcast Live @ Cannes
In 2019, Kantar partnered with Cannes Lions to host a daily podcast interviewing some of the industry's leading thinkers and provocateurs.
- Why should creatives embrace AI? We spoke to Chris Duffey, Head of AI Innovation and Strategy at Adobe, and Anthony Reeves, Chief Creative Officer, Wunderman, on the real applications of AI – the truth beyond the hype – and the way it might change the role of creatives and the structure of the agency. Listen here
- Does the ad industry need to be overhauled? We met with Cindy Gallop to talk stereotyping, humourous ads and being the change we want to see. Listen here
- Why is Spotify getting into podcasts? We speak to Spotify’s Danielle Lee about why marketers should lean into audio. Listen here
- How can marketers bring more joy to their work? We chatted with Bruce Daisley about his passion for finding joy at work. Listen here
- What makes a game-changing CMO? We asked CMO Moves podcast host Nadine Dietz to do some meta analysis on her little black book... Listen here
The Power of Connection: media effectiveness learning for three categories
In the first of this series of category-specific investigations, Duncan Southgate takes a look at the media effectiveness of campaigns for food and (non-alcoholic) drink brands. Read more
In the second of Kantar’s category-specific touchpoint investigations, we get to the bottom of what makes TV advertising so impactful for technology and telecom brands. Read more
In the third of Kantar’s category-specific touchpoint investigations, we investigate media effectiveness for alcohol brands, and look at the role experiential media has to play. Read more
What happens if I reduce my media spend?
Why should you care about TikTok?
What will advertising look like in 2030?
Now is the time for color bravery
Zoomers: the new agents of change
Elitism is not cool: young people change cultural values
The new tensions brands should tackle
Could COVID-19 be the tipping point for sustainability?
The future of marketing to women
There are some significant cultural shifts that will change how advertisers connect with women. Kantar has conducted an exploration of culture today to inspire the marketing landscape tomorrow. Many of the shifts identified in the Hold Her Gaze project connect to the contributors of self-esteem; they show that women’s confidence is growing and manifesting in some quite specific ways. The six themes of their research lead to interesting suggestions for brands, and inspired artwork for the #WhatWomenWant? exhibition, created for Kantar by Grey.